Different notifications on stages¶Currently there are several notification settings for these stages:
- edit stage: takes recipients from "adminusers" (workspace owners)
- "ready to publish" stage: takes recipients from "members" (workspace members)
However, the "execute publish" stage is not considered here.
Different behaviors for each stage¶Each stage has to possibility to define "default users" with the following behavior:
- all (non-strict)
- if users from workspace setting (field "adminusers" or "members") which are also in the specific "default_users" setting for the stage, the checkbox is enabled by default and cannot be changed - otherwise it's not checked
- all (strict)
- all users from workspace setting (field "adminusers" or "members") are checked and cannot be changed
- some (whatever "some" should mean in general)
- all users from workspace setting (field "adminusers" or "members") are checked, but still can be changed
So, the specific "default_users" is just used in one case. Besides that, default_users and the workspaces settings are not merged - if there's no intersection for the mode "all (non-strict)" no recipient is checked per default.
More flexible approach¶A more flexible approach would be to define (for each stage, plus the "execute publish" state and the individual stages):
- that nobody is selected per default
- the everybody is selected per default (standard case)
- the initial author of a change is included
- the workspace owners are included (currently this is only the case if "ready to publish" or "publish execute"
- whether the selected elements can be unchecked again (protected mode)
See https://github.com/ohader/irre_workspaces/blob/master/Classes/Service/BehaviourService.php for a first draft implementation to e.g. resolve editors for each element. Using domain models or at least virtual containers for live/version records seems to be a first requirement.
[FEATURE] Rework workspace notification settings
The current notification settings have some drawbacks and are not
easy to understand if it comes the the expected behavior in the
workspace module. The settings are defined in each sys_workspace
and sys_workspace_stage record and are evaluated in the workspace
module if sending a particular element to be reviewed to the
previous or next stage.
This change extends the meaning and configuration possibilities
on defining the notification settings. In general the notification
modes are replaced by the definition whether the notification
dialog shall be shown and if the preselection can be changed.
Besides that, the preselection is cumulative and defined by
owners, members, editors and responsible persons (for stages).
Reviewed-by: Morton Jonuschat <email@example.com>
Tested-by: Morton Jonuschat <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Benni Mack <email@example.com>
Tested-by: Benni Mack <firstname.lastname@example.org>