Epic #84262: [FEATURE] Update felogin to extbase
felogin emails not configuarable
At the moment it's not possible to change the Look/Content of mails sent by felogin Extension to the needs of a professional website/product:
- Sending the mail in HTML + Text format.
- Have a Template for the mail, instead only one Language var..
- Possibility to use the NAME instead of the USERNAME (which often is an email) and a proper salutation.
Only chance to really be free in content/styling at the moment is:
- using the hook ( $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['felogin']['forgotPasswordMail'] )
- build the mail from a template in the hook
- send the email within the hook
- unset the mail text, to avoid $this->cObj->sendNotifyEmail will send the original mail..
If desired I would like to send in a patch for this..
Updated by Patrick Kroog over 7 years ago
I believe there should be one way of styling reusable(!) E-Mails for the whole website in TYPO3.
You should be able to leave a Fluid-Template in one Place in the system and use this for all e-Mails.
As there is no standard at the moment, all Extensions use their way and therefore you have to leave Templates in different places.
I don't want to have another individual way for fe_users..
So I just removed some unused bits and commited that for the moment! Please let me know what you think of the above approach..
Updated by Simon Schaufelberger over 5 years ago
I also just wanted to style all Emails according to my style guide and stumbled over the forgot password which just consists of plain text. No HTML possible! The only possible solution would be to XCLASS.