Cannot copy content element, if multi-selection mode is selected in clipboard
- Create a new content element, e.g. a textmedia element.
- Go to the list module of the page, on which the content element was just created.
- Select mulit-selection mode for clipboard (if it has not already been selected).
- Go back to the page module.
- Copy the content element by clicking its top-left icon and selecting "Copy" from the context menu.
- Insert the copied element below/above the original element with the now visible "Paste after this record"-Buttons.
Site will reload, no error, but no copy has been created!
Also no record has been added to the tt_content table.
The array $this->clipData['tab_1']['el'] in the \TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Clipboard\Clipboard class is simply empty.
When switching to single-mode, $this->clipData['normal']['el'] will hold the correct tt_content reference.
Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 1 year ago
The issue is still present on 10.4.0-dev, but it seems like an incorrect usage of the clipboard itself:
Correct me if I am wrong but the multi-selection clipboard requires to explicit select and add the records using the icons as on the following attached image
I think that one way to resolve this issue is that when you switch back to Page view, you switch back to the Normal (single record mode) (i.e. this one should be the only mode available on Page module). Are there unwanted side effects?