Subpages of hidden pages with extendToSubpages activated cannot be accessed even with backend login
Tested with: Vanilla TYPO3 9.5.3 and Vanilla TYPO3 8.7.17 and TYPO3 8.7.21
Hidden pages can generally only be accessed with backend login (or the configuration of the admin panel will define the behaviour if it is activated).
If there is a page A with a subpage page B and page A is hidden then this does not affect page B. Page B can still be accessed without backend login.
But if page A also has extendToSubpages enabled then page B cannot be accessed even with backend login (404-handling will define what happens). The desired behaviour would be that it is possible to deactivate pages recursively with one action. Currently this is not possible.
#3 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi 8 months ago
I can still reproduce this issue on 10.0.0-dev (latest master);
how to reproduce it:¶
1) create a page "test", set it as "hidden"; set: "extendToSubpages" = 1
2) create a subpage "test2" of "test", set it as visible
3) on the pagetree, click on "test2" > preview
you see the error:
Page Not Found Reason: Subsection was found and not accessible
#4 Updated by Kevin Appelt 5 months ago
Maybe this is the similar problem (TYPO3 v9.5.8):
Translated pages can not be shown if default language is disabled.
How to reproduce it:
1) Create a page "Test", set it as "disabled"
2) Create a translation ("Translated Test") of page "Test", set it as "enabled"
3) In the listview of page "Test", click on the page translation "Translated Test" > preview
Page Not Found Reason: ID was not an accessible page
Result is the same if "Hide default translation of page" and/or "Hide page if no translation for current language exists" are set or not.
As soon as:
1) the default language is set to "enabled" the translation preview works fine.
2) the translation is set to "disabled" the translation preview works fine, too.