Show editing of other clients even when the same user is used
Backend User Interface
It would be great if two persons with a different Session but the same users are still shown as "editing this element". Of course it's best to give every person a separate user, but sometimes that's just not the case.
(issue imported from #M8401)
You mean like "warning you are editing this record oin another session (IP x.x.x.x)"? That would be great!
i dont see any sense with that... why not different users? so you always can know who did what when,...
It's when you want to test some behaviour and end up with two browser sessions (eg FF and IE). I don't want to create a user for that purpose.
The whole locking stuff should be session based and not user based as it is now.
The main problem is, if you login as a user while supporting him on the phone. You wanna see his settings, his open page tree and work with his permissions.
Additionally companys, even if you tell them not to do so, use the same user twice. Just because their to lacy to ask for another user.
We always do separate user for every real person, but still there are some cases where the users is used the same time. And especially in this case you wanna know if someone is doing something with your user.
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Backend User Interface
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Priority changed from Should have to Could have
- Target version changed from 0 to 7.0
- PHP Version changed from 5.2 to 5.5
- Complexity set to hard
- Target version changed from 7.0 to 7.1 (Cleanup)
- Target version changed from 7.1 (Cleanup) to 7.4 (Backend)
- Target version changed from 7.4 (Backend) to 7.5
- Target version changed from 7.5 to 7 LTS
- Target version deleted (
- Related to Feature #21662: Optionaly disable (or notifiy on) concurrent logins added
Also available in: Atom