IRRE: fails to save preexisting child record selected by combo
Installed Ext IRRE Tutorial Sample files on a clean 4.4.2 Installation to reproduce the error.
- Choose the example "m:n asymmetric combo"
- add a child record mn asym Offers
- select a Hotel (e.g. Rosengarten Hotels Luxury Ressort"
- the newly created offer appears in the combo
- click on the entry in the combo
- fields of this child record are displayed and filled with the correct information of the child record ("offer")
- save and close the hotel record
- open the hotel record from the list again
- child record information has not been saved
The same procedure as described above succeeded on a Typo3 V 4.3.3 installation.
I also applied the IRRE patches I found here (irre_7611_rev8536.. and _v2.patch) but this did not solve the problem
(issue imported from #M15459)
#2 Updated by Lars Houmark over 6 years ago
I can confirm this bug still exists in TYPO3 4.7.5 and it is completely breaking m:n relations and the possibility to relate the same child record to several parents, and by that pretty much makes IRRE useless IRL.
It seems this has been broken for several major TYPO3 versions. Replicating is easy though, simply install irre_tutorial extension, and follow the guide from Florian and the child record ends up empty after saving.
I'll be looking more into debugging, but IRRE is fairly complicated just to understand from a configuration perspective.
#7 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 1 year ago
- File step1.png View added
- File step2.png View added
- File step3.png View added
- File step4.png View added
- File step5.png View added
- File step6.png View added
I think it is still reproducible with the latest 9.2.0-dev (latest master) with the following procedure:
1) as the extension EXT:irre_tutorial on TER does not work anymore on TYPO3, you have to copy the fixture from typo3/sysext/core/Tests/Functional/Fixtures/Extensions/irre_tutorial to your /typo3conf/ext
2) enable the extension
3) use the fake data from https://github.com/TYPO3-svn-archive/irre_tutorial/blob/master/res/T3D__IRRE.t3d; once you have imported it, you will have a sysfolder IRRE Sample Tutorial Data with some subpages
1) Click on the page "m:n asymmetric combo" and open the hotel record "Rosengarten Hotels Apparment"
2) Offers > Create New > OFFER TEST 1 and save
3) Create a price "PRICE 1 OFFER TEST 1", save and close
4) open the second hotel "Rosengarten Hotels Luxury Resort"
5) create new relation > to OFFER TEST 1 >when you click on "save" you end up with a "No title" relation
6) if you open this record "m:n ASym: Hotels<->Offers" from list view, you'll see that it has offerid: [INVALID VALUE ("0")]