Story #80067: New improved Page Module UX
Page view > Dropdown to quick create most used content
Suggestion for TYPO3 7.x (I don't know if someone else has already suggested that)
I try to explain: Page module > when you click on "Add content" it opens the wizard with tabs to create a new content.
My suggestion: instead of opening a new page, clicking on "Add content" opens a tab with some "preferred content", like a "quick menu" with few choices. See attached concept screenshot (pardon me for the low quality of the collage)
1) this kind of dropdown should be enabled via TS Config (default=disabled > usual wizard appears)
2) the items should be added via TS Config
3) All type of contents" opens the usual wizard
4) maybe add it to USER TS config > every editor/group can have a different menu
5) Could differentiate menus using colpos > different menus for different areas
Warning: possible conflicts with the Access Control List. How to handle them?