Retain scroll position after deleting/hiding a content element
Backend User Interface
Just a usability suggestion which would correct a minor usability annoyance.
Page view: Multiple elements exist on one page. You have to scroll a bit to reach the last element.
After deleting/hiding an element from the bottom the page frame "scrolls" to the top because it's reloaded. If you want to take some other action in the same spot you have to find it and scroll there again.
After deleting/hiding a content element the scroll position should be retained or restored.
Perhaps this could be implemented in a generic way, so that for example the creation of content elements could also benefit from that.
- Category set to Backend User Interface
- Related to Feature #78931: Use ajax in place of page refresh for more actions in the backend added
- Status changed from New to Resolved
this has been solved for at least hide/unhide in page module, delete is a bit harder as it also needs to reculate anchor
- Status changed from Resolved to New
This is still a problem when adding new content elements.
element-tt_content-<ID> is missing in redirectUrl after saving a new element.
- Related to Story #84364: As editor, I want to use D'n'D and work with less as possible page reloads to be more productive added
For changing scroll position when adding a CE, #89678 also exists. Looks like a near duplicate.
- Related to Bug #89678: After creating a new content element in page module, scroll back to where I left added
- Related to Feature #80613: Add possibility to hide/unhide elements in the page module without reload added
- Related to deleted (Story #84364: As editor, I want to use D'n'D and work with less as possible page reloads to be more productive)
Also available in: Atom