Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #78220

closed

Translate mode copy does not respect order

Added by Remo H. over 7 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Localization
Target version:
-
Start date:
2016-10-10
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
7
PHP Version:
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:

Description

When translate content, the order of the source language should be respected.
It is cumbersome for editors to rearrange the content elements.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Go to a an empty page and create on content element
  2. Translate the page
  3. Translate the content element with copy-mode
  4. Create 2-3 new content elements in default language
  5. Translate the content again

You will notice that the localized content is in random order.


Files

LocalizeCopyMode.png (53.7 KB) LocalizeCopyMode.png Remo H., 2016-10-24 13:46

Related issues 5 (1 open4 closed)

Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #81328: Translation didn't sort Elements correct. Needs Feedback2017-05-24

Actions
Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #83079: wrong sorting of content elements when translating using non-default-language CEs as sourceClosed2017-11-24

Actions
Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #83469: Translation of translations break sorting in tt_contentClosed2018-01-04

Actions
Related to TYPO3 Core - Task #85300: Improve record sorting performanceClosed2018-06-18

Actions
Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #84951: Localization: Copying new record in existing localization has off-by-one issueClosed2018-05-09

Actions
Actions #1

Updated by Remo H. over 7 years ago

When translate content, the order of the source language should be respected.
It is cumbersome for editors to rearrange the content elements.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Create a new page and a translation of it
  2. Create a content element with header "b"
  3. Translate element with copy mode
  4. Create below first a new content element "a", then "d" and "c": You should have following order now "b,a,d,c"
  5. Move "a" with drag'n'drop above "b"
  6. Move "d" with drag'n'drop bellow "c": You should have following order now "a,b,c,d"
  7. Translate elements with copy mode

You will notice, the elements are not in the expected order.

Though it is in "copy", as an editor I expect that the order get respected as much as it is possible.
This means a content element inserted on position 2, should be at position 2 when translated if possible.

Actions #2

Updated by Daniel Maier over 7 years ago

  • Target version set to Candidate for patchlevel
Actions #3

Updated by Markus Mächler over 7 years ago

i tested your case and could not reproduce the behaviour. I got the correct ordering.

we recently had a similar issue, which was found to be due to a localized record being nested in an element of the default language.
it seems the translation handling in https://github.com/TYPO3/TYPO3.CMS/blob/TYPO3_7-6/typo3/sysext/backend/Classes/Controller/Page/LocalizationController.php is very error-prone

Actions #4

Updated by Mona Muzaffar almost 7 years ago

  • Related to Bug #81328: Translation didn't sort Elements correct. added
Actions #5

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 6 years ago

I tried to reproduce on both 8.7.10 and 9.2.0-dev (latest master) using the test reported on comment 1

Results: on both, the final order of the translated content elements is: A,C,D,B

Actions #6

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback

This issue is no more reproducible on both 9.5.14 and 10.4.0-dev (latest master), I tried with the test proposed on comment 1:

Create a new page and a translation of it
Create a content element with header "b"
Translate element with copy mode
Create below first a new content element "a", then "d" and "c": You should have following order now "b,a,d,c"
Move "a" with drag'n'drop above "b"
Move "d" with drag'n'drop bellow "c": You should have following order now "a,b,c,d"
Translate elements with copy mode

Result:

the order of the translated element is A,B,C,D

Is a different test necessary or this issue can be considered solved?

Actions #7

Updated by Christian Kuhn over 2 years ago

  • Related to Bug #83079: wrong sorting of content elements when translating using non-default-language CEs as source added
Actions #8

Updated by Christian Kuhn over 2 years ago

  • Related to Bug #83469: Translation of translations break sorting in tt_content added
Actions #9

Updated by Christian Kuhn over 2 years ago

  • Related to Task #85300: Improve record sorting performance added
Actions #10

Updated by Christian Kuhn over 2 years ago

  • Related to Bug #84951: Localization: Copying new record in existing localization has off-by-one issue added
Actions #11

Updated by Christian Kuhn over 2 years ago

I'm pretty confident this has been solved meanwhile: There were a couple of fixes in this area and we also didn't see fresh reports here. Closing for now.

Actions #12

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Closed
  • Target version deleted (Candidate for patchlevel)

Closed for now. If you think this is the wrong decision, please reopen or open a new issue with a reference to this one.

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF