Recycler: Integrate Lost+Found possibilites
Imagine a record is still available in the database and not marked as deleted (deleted=0). However the accordant parent element was deleted (removed completely or marked as deleted). These parent elements could be:
- a page (direct parent or any other page ancestor) that was deleted
- a default language record that was deleted (translated records, e.g. spanish, are not marked as deleted)
All these records with no correct reference to an existing resource should be displayed as "Lost+Found" with the possibilites to delete them as well or to move the to another page.
Actually the thing with the translations getting "lost" when the parent record is deleted should be considered a bug. I actually reported 4 years ago:
At that time I didn't have the necessary knowledge of TYPO3 to propose a patch. In the meantime I forgot about it, but I plan to try and make it in time for 4.3 if the implications are not too complicated.
That being said I agree with the general idea of lost+found listing.
- Target version set to TYPO3 4.3 alpha2
- Target version changed from TYPO3 4.3 alpha2 to TYPO3 4.3 beta
- Project changed from TYPO3 Recycler to TYPO3 Core
- Target version deleted (
TYPO3 4.3 beta)
- Subject changed from Integrate Lost+Found possibilites to Recycler: Integrate Lost+Found possibilites
- TYPO3 Version set to 4.3
- Category set to Recycler
- TYPO3 Version changed from 4.3 to 6.2
I guess this can be retrieved via the reference index.
- Target version set to 8 LTS
Lost+Found sound like a good idea. As Philipp mentioned, I guess we can use the reference index for this. However, I think we need to rebuild and declutter the GUI, I don't see such elements in the list of deleted records.
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Target version changed from 8 LTS to 9.0
- Target version changed from 9.0 to 9 LTS
- Target version changed from 9 LTS to Candidate for Major Version
Also available in: Atom