Pagetree - option to disable drag'n'drop completly; add also option to disable "refresh"
This feature request is a result from typo3.german:
Please implement an option to disable any drog'n'drop in backend.
There are a lot of unwanted clicks if you use a tabled or a very sensitive touchpad.
I would like to have this in user settings, so each user can turn it on and off on his own.
If this is generic, it might even be used by content element drag'n'dropping once it is implemented, as we will for sure have the same problem.
And please add this to 4.5 as it seems to be a nightmare for some users.
Accidently move your mouse while selecting pages. The will get move around and disappear in closed branches.
It was stated that you even delete pages of you do this in the lower part of the pagetree where the delete dropzone appears.
(issue imported from #M17773)
Updated by Andreas Becker (Andi) almost 11 years ago
Yeah it would be great to have the following:
1. Power TYPO3 Integrator needs a pagetree where he can move around pages and whole branches quick and easy. He don't won't to be notified or warned.
2. Editor has low technical knowledge and want to be warned and want to verify a drag and drop action before the action takes place
3. Older Experienced TYPO3 Programmer would like to have more time to choose if he drag and drops or only wants to move the mouse to the next page.
4. Multidomain Site Admin needs a possibility to deactivate the move of whole RootPage Trees (he often can't find them anymore as they have been draged into even other Domains!
5. Netbook and Mobile Users would appreciate it to use Cursor Keys to drag and drop rather than a mouse, as especially on smaller screens and Pads the current situation is horrible and dangerous.
6. Site Owner does not want that people are able to drag and drop pages via mouse click.
Requirements would be:
1. drag and drop should be switchable on or off
2. drag speed and minimum range should be adjustable
3. drop zone should be much bigger than the current one as the Icons are much to small. The Icon to be the parent should be highlighted, so that the user knows he is dropping in to a certain place.
There should be at least 4 Standard Settings
1. Drag and Drop on, fast and with no warnings and verification windows for the Poweruser
2. Drag and Drop on, with moderate reaktion times und bigger drop zones and with warnings for each action
3, Drag and drop, with slower reaktion time and warnings and verifications for each action
4. Drag and Drop off
5. The use of Cursor keys on or off
The user should be able to adjust this behaviour in User-Settings but also Site Admins should be able to preset those for the users
Updated by Steffen Kamper almost 11 years ago
It should be possible to easy dactivate DD in pagetree, there is already a property for this (has to be adjusted, as enableDD still allows DD but always show a red drag proxy).
With deactivate, the top icon for "new" should behave different - click on the icon should open the position map in content (same we had before)
Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 4 years ago
On version 9.2.0-dev (latest master)
- you get a confirm dialog if you try to drag and drop a page in the new svg-based pagetree
- the "delete dropzone" is not anymore on the bottom of the tree, but appears by the side of the "detached" page