Story #82206: list module enhancements/bugfixes
Allow Drag'n'drop of records in list-module
Now that drag'n'drop for content elements in page-module is set, it would be great to replace the arrows (up & down) in list-module with a similar system.
Each record from each list could be drag'n'drop up or down.
Thanks a lot!
#7 Updated by This Mächler over 3 years ago
I vote also strongly for drag and drop. This is a must in a modern CMS.
Some Ideas to this:
- The arrows don't have to be removed, just add drag and drop and let the arrows there.
- A dedicated "sorting view", where more records fit on one page (in columns for example)
- User can choose "records per page" (don't know if this feature already exists)
- An extended "move"-function, where records can be moved by an offset, or at the beginning or the end.
When you have hunderds of records and you want to re-sort them, only to work with the arrows is really a pain in the ass..
#8 Updated by Paul A. Auwehla about 3 years ago
- Priority changed from Should have to Must have
- Target version set to 8 LTS
- PHP Version deleted (
I agree: Its a pain to sort in list view. Try this with the very modern news-Extension.
Take ten to twenty items and try to sort ;-) Its more than a pain.
Each click on an arrow rebuilds the pageview. After each click you have to scroll down again.
So you click and scroll hundreds of times to sort even only some items.
So its an absolute MUST to have this feature.
No new LTS without this - typo3 wants
to be modern and innovative?
It cant without this feature!