Epic #83669: Improve file list / file browser
Copy files in Filelist backend
TYPO3 version 6.2.9
When I copy a (html) file in the backend Filelist and insert the file in the same folder the following message appears: ... file already exists in folder ... So I must paste the file first into another folder, rename it and cut and paste it back to the desired folder.
In older versions you can copy and paste files directly because the new file was named: [filename]-copy-1.html
#1 Updated by Mathias Schreiber over 4 years ago
- Category set to File Abstraction Layer (FAL)
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
- Assignee set to Mathias Schreiber
- Sprint Focus set to On Location Sprint
Well, the entire idea of FAL was to prevent that old behavior.
I will put this onto the agenda for the FAL sprint
#3 Updated by Markus Klein about 4 years ago
- Tracker changed from Feature to Bug
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to Accepted
- Priority changed from Should have to Must have
- Target version set to 7.4 (Backend)
- TYPO3 Version set to 6.2
- Is Regression set to No
- Sprint Focus deleted (
On Location Sprint)
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Resource\ResourceStorage::copyFile() should actually handle the conflict mode here. It looks like the conflict mode is "cancel" currently.
Question is how to decide what conflict mode is appropriate, but I would assume "rename", since this is the default also on many OS.
I change this to a bug here.