Variants should be possible for site language base
Link Handling, Site Handling & Routing
Variants for the site's variant were added in #86303. The same thing should be possible for languages within a site.
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Target version changed from 9 LTS to Candidate for Major Version
For now (9LTS) you can use the env() feature to get environment specific variants in all values. For 10 we might implement this feature (which will mean a rework of the GUI as we have a nesting level more).
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Has duplicate Feature #87693: move alternative domain to language settings added
- Has duplicate Bug #87801: Variants for language entry points added
In v9.5.5 it's doable by adding a baseVariant into the yaml, but no GUI for it. Could be added in a future major version into the Site module. If you feel like tackling the task, would be really cool!
Would be great to have a way to prevent costum values in the language settings like the base variants from override by the GUI.
Also available in: Atom