Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #36364

closed

Clear all caches with IE9 results in blank page

Added by Frank Krüger over 12 years ago. Updated almost 7 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Category:
Backend User Interface
Target version:
Start date:
2012-04-20
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
4.7
PHP Version:
5.3
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

Selecting "Clear cache" menu in the BE of TYPO3 4.7.0rc2 using Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 results in a redirect and therefore gives a blank page.


Files

36364_v1.diff (986 Bytes) 36364_v1.diff Andreas Kießling, 2012-10-28 22:12

Related issues 3 (0 open3 closed)

Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #45595: Unable to clear cache in IE<9 Closed2013-02-19

Actions
Has duplicate TYPO3 Core - Bug #35214: Clear cache fails in IE9Closed2012-03-24

Actions
Has duplicate TYPO3 Core - Bug #44627: White page after cache clear with IE9Closed2013-01-18

Actions
Actions #1

Updated by Steffen Ritter over 12 years ago

  • Target version deleted (4.7.0)
Actions #2

Updated by Steffen Ritter over 12 years ago

  • Target version set to 4.7.1
Actions #3

Updated by Steffen Ritter about 12 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback

I cannot reproduce on any system? Still an issue?

Actions #4

Updated by Frank Krüger about 12 years ago

Yap, still an issue here.
After clicking "Clear all caches" I got a redirected to
http://.../typo3/tce_db.php?vC=0929ab4694&cacheCmd=all&ajaxCall=1&formToken=bdf067e4a1715d09af3fc567e1e0e588174fe2c3

Actions #5

Updated by Michael Stucki about 12 years ago

  • Subject changed from 4.7 rc2, Clear all cache with IE9 results in blank page to Clear all caches with IE9 results in blank page

I can reproduce this, might take a look at it later this week...

Actions #6

Updated by Florian Seirer about 12 years ago

I can confirm this in 4.7.1.

Clearing the cache works in all other browsers, including IE8.

Actions #7

Updated by Harald no-lastname-given almost 12 years ago

Hello to all!

I can confirm this problem also. (4.7.2)

The problem I have with the IE9
Can it be solved somehow?

Thank you very much

Harald

Actions #8

Updated by Andreas Kießling almost 12 years ago

I can confirm too. Tested with 4.7.2 and current git checkout.

Actions #9

Updated by Michael Albers almost 12 years ago

Another confirmation. Problem only occurs in IE9 for me using 4.7.2.

Actions #10

Updated by Johannes Hejslet Jørgensen almost 12 years ago

Confirmed with 4.7.3. Only in IE9.

Actions #11

Updated by Steffen Gebert almost 12 years ago

  • Priority changed from Should have to Must have
  • Target version changed from 4.7.1 to 4.7.5
Actions #12

Updated by Steffen Gebert almost 12 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Accepted
Actions #13

Updated by Raphael Zschorsch almost 12 years ago

I can also reproduce this error on TYPO3 4.7.4.

Actions #14

Updated by Freddy Kühne almost 12 years ago

I can also reproduce this problem on TYPO3 4.7.4 and the final version of IE10 (Windows 8).

Actions #15

Updated by Oliver Schlöbe almost 12 years ago

Same here on 4.7.4 on IE9 getting redirected to typo3/tce_db.php?vC=ddecc20f13&cacheCmd=all&ajaxCall=1&formToken=4c282815582849f4e99c4e59b5cafba0d17d0c5f

Getting a bit annoying for editors. :)

Actions #16

Updated by Oliver Schlöbe almost 12 years ago

Still remains in TYPO3 4.7.5. Bummer.

Actions #17

Updated by Andreas Kießling over 11 years ago

The very old version of prototype (1.6.0.3) from 2008 has problems with the changed event handling of IE9.
There are several solutions to that, described e.g. here http://mandagreen.com/prototype-1-6-event-stop-ie9-quick-patch/:

  1. Update to prototype 1.7, which is a no-go for at least 4.7
  2. run the backend in IE8 compat mode like 4.5, which also is a no-go
  3. patch prototype sources, also not an option for the backend usage
  4. not using prototype event handling for the click events in the menu, but using the native ones. Shouldn't be there more broken modules in IE9 then?

Please test the attached patch (applies to 4.7 and 6.0). I went for option 4. and removed the Event.observe code and replaced it with onclick calls.
IE9 and IE10 in my virtual machines sent out the Ajax request and cleared the cache successfully.

Actions #18

Updated by Daniel Ostmann over 11 years ago

I can confirm this bug for 4.7.7.

Very strange...

Actions #19

Updated by Jigal van Hemert over 11 years ago

  • Assignee set to Jigal van Hemert
Actions #20

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 11 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/17966

Actions #21

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 11 years ago

Patch set 2 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/17966

Actions #22

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 11 years ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_6-0 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/17971

Actions #23

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 11 years ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_4-6 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/17972

Actions #24

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 11 years ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_4-7 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/17973

Actions #25

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 11 years ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_4-5 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/17974

Actions #26

Updated by Andreas Kießling over 11 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
Actions #27

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF