Make Extbase translation handling consistent with typoscript
Extbase rendering should give the same results as typoscript rendering.
Also settings used in TS and extbase should have the same meaning (languageMode, languageOverlay), as they are mixed up right now in extbase. As setting query languageOverlay has NO effect on queries, but
calling setLanguageMode('strict') makes extbase pass "hideNonTranslated" to getRecordOverlays.
And "hideNonTranslated" is a value of the TS setting "sys_language_overlay" and has nothing to do with languageMode.
Updated by Markus Klein over 3 years ago
- Complexity set to hard
- Sprint Focus deleted (
On Location Sprint)
The following question need to be answered:
- when do we query default language (and do overlay) and when translated record only
- how meaning of some querySettings params changed (maybe we need a table with comparison)
- on which records (translated/default lang/mixture) the filters (e.g. title like "%Prod%") are applied
- what determines the sorting of records (are they sorted by default language or translated records values or mixture)?
- does Extbase pagination work (or can it happen that there will be gaps on some pages)?
- is pagination and filtering done on PHP side or db side, what happens if I query 2M records?
- is filtering / sorting on relational fields supported? If yes under what conditions? Is it limited to just 1 level down or not?