BE Login with 8.7.11 and Firefox Quantum Browser Version 59.0 not possible anymore
Update March 22nd, 2017¶
See issue #84503 for a detailed explanation of the Firefox regression
I installed the new TYPO3 CMS version 8.7.11 and tried to login into the BE with the usual admin access. It do not works anymore with Firefox Quantum Version 59.0!
We tried to clear all Caches in the Install Tool even opcache the the typo3temp/ folder - without any success.
With all other browsers on Windows 10 OS like Chrome (version 65.0.3325.162) or IE 11.251 or EDGE Browser (version 41.16299.248.0) it works without problem!
- Related to Bug #84254: BE Login fails after update to 8.7.11 with Firefox added
- Has duplicate Bug #84257: BE Login fails after update to 7.6.25 with Firefox added
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Andreas Fernandez
- Status changed from In Progress to Under Review
- Category set to Authentication
- Is Regression set to Yes
We fail to reproduce this.
It works for us with FF59 on OSX. Tested with 8.7.9 and 8.7.11
We managed to reproduce. This only happens with this exact sequence:
Can confirm, Markus Klein. The password field, once focused, must not lose focus. So, clicking directly on submit will not work as well, one has to press enter.
Spent some time analyzing the issue and basically what happens is:
Until the next release the proposed workaround is using the sequence posted by Markus:
- Related to Bug #84308: Submit of RSA encrypted form not working with type="image" in TYPO3 8.7.11 added
- Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Related to deleted (Bug #84308: Submit of RSA encrypted form not working with type="image" in TYPO3 8.7.11)
- Related to Bug #76120: rsaauth does not submit the name of the submit-button added
My 2 cents: The problem also appears, when the username and password is saved in firefox. To reproduce this case click into the username field, choose the saved username (the password is filled out automatically) and then click login.
Will there be an unscheduled release for this patch? We have lots of customers with this problem.
Update: Updated release packages are scheduled for Thursday, March 22nd, 2018 to fix these login issues with Firefox which are currently (and unfortunately) causing trouble in TYPO3 v7.6.25 and v8.7.11
- Related to Bug #84503: Streamline RsaAuth login behavior added
- Target version deleted (
Patches have been reverted due to regressions, the login shall work again without issues.
- Has duplicate Bug #84498: BE login button not working in Firefox added
- Related to deleted (Bug #84254: BE Login fails after update to 8.7.11 with Firefox)
- Has duplicate Bug #84254: BE Login fails after update to 8.7.11 with Firefox added
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom