Update "slug" for all sub pages in TYPO3 9
It would be realy nice to have a button "Update all slugs for pages". Background:
- new typo3 9 vesion has new site configuration for "nice" url
- slug can only be updated by opening each singe page and click "update"
- so if you have website with 3 or 4 levels and you change page title in level 1, you have to update each singel page on levels 2, 3 and 4
- if you have multilanguage website and first translate pages on level 2, 3 or 4 and at the end you translate level 1 you also have to update each single page in other levels
Updated by Georg Ringer about 5 years ago
- Category set to Link Handling, Site Handling & Routing
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
there is already an upgrade wizard in the Install Tool: Upgrade > Upgrade Wizards > Introduce URL parts ("slugs") to all existing pages
have you found it?
Updated by Martin Weymayer about 5 years ago
I am not shure if this wizard function is working as expected. first click on "upgrade wizard" showed "Introduze URL parts ..." - then I clicked "mark undone". After that wizard ran again and progress status was 100%. But trying to run this wizard again seems not working. "Introduze URL parts ..." is not showing again!?
Updated by taywa gmbh about 5 years ago
Workaround is delete set slug via SQL:
UPDATE `pages` SET `slug` = NULL where 1.
Than rerun the Wizards. See second answer on this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53007858/typo3-9-5-lts-automatic-regeneration-of-url-segments/53008590
Updated by Mario Kober over 4 years ago
There is also a need for this feature because in many of my projects, editors rename pages by double clicking them in page tree. After a few month many pages have titles that do not match the slug previously entered.
Now I have to ask them to open every page, click the reload-slug-btn and save the page. It would be great to click an "update all slugs" button instead.
Updated by Emile Blume over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Update "slug" for all pages for TYPO3 9 to Update "slug" for all sub pages in TYPO3 9
- Status changed from Resolved to New
- Target version set to next-patchlevel
- Start date changed from 2018-10-10 to 2020-04-08
- Complexity set to no-brainer
Tried the Sluggi extension (1.9.1) and used all the required settings but I doesn't change the slug for subpages. (TYPO3 9.5.15 / PHP 7.2)
This really should be part of the TYPO3 core.
Updated by Andreas Kienast over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Target version deleted (
- Complexity deleted (
this feature is part of the upcoming TYPO3 10 LTS. A backport to v9 is not feasible as this would require to backport multiple other features as well and we usually don't backport features into already released versions.
Updated by Michael Bakonyi about 3 years ago
To more easily update several subpages slugs at once use the List-module: add the slug-field as column, click the edit-field of the column and update the slugs manually by clicking the refresh buttons. This is at least a quicker solution than editing every page one by one.